A stay in Amsterdam is surely not the first destination that comes to mind during the holidays. Nevertheless, the city is beautiful and full of scenic sights. Amsterdam has a lot to offer for tourists traveling solo, as a couple or with friends and family. Once you have discovered its fascinating tourist attractions, you will surely want to get into the first plane to Amsterdam.
The best spots to take photos
On foot, by bike or by car, the architecture of the city offers dozens of sites to discover. In addition to museums, Amsterdam is indeed a remnant of thousands of houses classified as historical monuments. Houses just waiting to be photographed.
- The Old Center: The site is sometimes packed with tourists because of its awe-inspiring architecture. You will surely get spectacular photos. With the hotels and restaurants in its surroundings, it is a place to visit as a group.
- The Red Light District: A renowned venue. Tourists come and come back to admire its unique beauty. Close to the old center, you can easily visit both sites in one day. It is also where the Ouede Kerk or Old Church is located. A breathtaking monument to take pictures.
- Rembrandt: For lovers of parties and lively district, this place is worth visiting for a coffee in the morning or a beer with friends in the evening. The famous Tuschinski cinema is also situated in the district of Rembrandtplein.
- Leidseplein: There are several sites to visit in this area, but the best venue for photos is the Vondelpark, the famous park in the Netherlands. With its 48 hectares of lawn, it is the meeting place of people when the sun is at its Zenith. Street artists, young people and families all frequent the place.
- Muntplein: To take colorful photos while looking for a gift to bring back for your return, go to this flower market.
When to go to Amsterdam to take photos?
The best season to visit Amsterdam is spring. As the country is full of flowers and greenery, blossoming in spring. Start organizing your trip to Amsterdam and go there in April or May when the weather is perfect. Otherwise, a weekend stay is also perfect. In summer, Amsterdam is often full of tourists since it is the ideal season for partying and nightlife. During this season, several cultural events and concerts are going on. In autumn, the city is particularly romantic.
With the trees starting to turn brown and the cafés less crowded, it's the best season for a romantic getaway. Finally, winter is not the best season to visit the city. However, if you have free time only during this time, plan warm clothes. You will also enjoy the typical hot dishes of the city during this period.
Discover the city
Today most travelers organize and book their getaways online. Easier, cheaper and steeper, everyone who has tried it has adopted it. And among the many sites, Opodo is excellent. It stands out from others by its reliability and the security of its site. Moreover, it is an agency that offers more than competitive prices. In short, to book your flight and your hotel as your activities on Amsterdam, go on Opodo.